North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities
North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (NCICU) is the statewide organization of North Carolina’s private colleges and universities. It provides a database of the 36 private, non-profit liberal arts, comprehensive, and research colleges and universities, all accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. NCICU collectively represents independent higher education in the areas of state and federal public policy and on education issues with the other sectors of education in the state. They also provide research and information about private colleges and universities’ online programs, list staff development opportunities and collaborative programs. The links below should take you to each institution’s eLearning programs and courses.
* Also see: North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities’ Home Page
Barton College has online courses in Business, Education and Nursing.
* Also see: Barton College’s Online Degrees Page
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences
Cabarrus College offers a variety of web-enhanced, hybrid, and web-based classes to facilitate student learning in general education and degree programs.
* Also see: Cabarrus College of Health Sciences’ Distance Education Page
Campbell offers fully online Bachelor’s degree programs in Business, Criminal Justice, Healthcare Management, Homeland Security, and Psychology.
* Also see: Campbell University’s Campbell Online Page
Chowan University offers eLearning courses in Business, Computer Science, Religion, Sociology, Sports Management, and Teacher Education.
* Also see: Chowan University’s Home Page
Duke University School of Nursing offers online programs that award masters degrees or post masters’ certificates for nurses who already hold a masters degree.
* Also see: Duke University’s Duke MSN Home
Gardner-Webb offers online programs and courses through the GOAL Program (degree completion), Godbold School of Business, and the Graduate School.
* Also see: Gardner-Webb University’s GWU Online
Lenoir-Rhyne University offers a number of online courses in Computing Science, Business Administration, and Professional Organizational Development.
* Also see: Lenoir-Rhyne University’s Home Page
Methodist University students may supplement their courses with online offerings.
* Also see: Methodist University’s Home Page
North Carolina Wesleyan College
eLearning at North Carolina Wesleyan College includes courses in Business, Computer Systems, Justice, Psychology, and Marketing.
* Also see: North Carolina Wesleyan College’s Adult Studies Online Page
Pfeiffer University offers the following programs in a 100% online format:
Master of Business Administration
Master of Health Administration
Degree Completion (for working adults)
* Also see: Pfeiffer University’s Pfeiffer Online
Salem College offers an online Masters of Education degree in School Counseling.
* Also see: Salem College’s MEd Page
St. Andrews University
St. Andrews offers two programs in a 100% online format:
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies
* Also see: St. Andrews Presbyterian College’s Home Page
University of Mount Olive
University of Mount Olive offers over 50 courses offered in 5 week format ranging from General Education to upper level major requirements.
* Also see: University of Mount Olive’s Degree Options Page
Wake Forest University
Wake Forest University offers an online Masters of Arts degree in Counseling.
* Also see: Wake Forest University’s Counseling Online Page
William Peace University
William Peace University offers seven fully online programs: B.S. in Business Administration, B.A. Strategic Communications (Fall 2018), B.A. or B.S. Criminal Justice, B.S. Leadership & Nonprofit Administration (Fall 2018); B. A. in Liberal Studies. B.S. Marketing and B.S. in Psychology. The B.A. and Licensure in Education programs are offered as a hybrid. William Peace University also offers other online courses each semester.
* Also see: William Peace University’s Online Learning Page